Another backlogged holiday season post!
For Thanksgiving dinner (yes…Thanksgiving) with my mom’s side of the family, I needed to come up with something a bit different to contribute for dessert. It had been a while since the last time I’d made anything with cheesecake, so I decided to once again combine pumpkin and cheesecake. I found a great recipe on Fowlering the Width for mini pumpkin cheesecakes here:
- 1 package of oreos
- 4 T unsalted butter (half of a stick)
- 24 oz. cream cheese (3 8-oz. bricks), room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 15-oz. can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 T of vanilla extract
- 2 t of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- Crush your oreos in the food processor and then pour in the melted butter. Spoon about a tablespoon or so of the crust into cupcake liners and then press down with a glass.
- Beat the cream cheese in your mixer until smooth. Add the brown sugar and mix. Break your eggs into another bowl and then break them up with a fork. Add to the mixer. Beat well.
- Add the pumpkin, vanilla, pie spice, flour and mix until well combined.
- Pour filling into crusts. Bake at 325 for 35 minutes then turn off heat and crack the oven door for an additional 30 minutes. Then cool in kitchen for another 30. Then cool in fridge for 6 hours or overnight. You can top with whipped cream or eat as is.
I ran out of foil cupcake liners, soooooo I had to improvise a bit with some foil.
The tops didn’t crack in the oven – always a good sign with cheesecake. These were VERY rich and very sweet, for those that are into that. The texture of the cheesecake was light and airy considering how much cream cheese went into it, but they were still really flavorful. If you make these, be careful not to eat too many at once if you’re sensitive to rich foods like yours truly or you won’t like what happens after…
2 thoughts on “Mini Brown Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Oreo Crust”
These look amazing. I want to make them tomorrow. 😜