Kevin and I seem to go on long streaks of cooking followed by streaks of eating out depending on how husky we’re feeling at a given time. On one of our healthy cooking streaks back in June, I found a recipe for Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce from Skinny Taste.
I had a bottle of Cade sauvignon blanc (delish!) leftover from an event I worked on in May, so I used a bit of this for the sauce and split the rest with Kevin.
Here is the recipe!
- 8 chicken tenderloins, 16 oz total
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup fat free chicken broth
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge in flour.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat; when hot add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil. Add chicken to the skillet and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink. Set aside in a warm oven.
- Add additional oil and butter to the skillet, then garlic and cook a few seconds; add mushrooms, salt and pepper stirring occasionally until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, chicken broth, parsley; stir the pan with a wooden spoon breaking up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook a few more minutes or until the liquid reduces by half. Top the chicken with the mushroom sauce and serve.
Our meal was starting to look a little to beige, so we sauteed up some green beans and garlic and made a quick baby kale salad. Just some rabbit food to make us feel better about ourselves!
For dessert, we had a homemade cherry crumble in a mug with some ice cream – perfection!
One thought on “Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce”
Chicken and wine, now that is my kind of meal.